Monday, May 16, 2011

Frustrations

This weekend we had visitors and it was amazing! I tried my hardest to stay on track and track even though I didn't like the numbers but I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I would have. After my friends left we went over to my parents house with the intentions of offering to make dinner and it was nothing but a slippery slope. Started with a bag of fruit snacks, then a rice crispy treat, then some sips of Jon's soda, then some potato chips. If is in the past and I can't do anything about it but realize that I can not eat at my parents house. They aren't even kind of interested in eating healthy or having a healthy lifestyle. I need to get better at packing snacks for my family. So for all of you reading this what are some healthy snacks that keep and don't need refrigerated? Tonight is my Weight Loss class and my second weigh in. I am nervous. Scared I didn't do great. My goal this week is the gym. I SLACKED horrible last week. On to the future!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry we didn't make it to the gym this weekend and I am regretting it now! :( I didn't lose anything this past week and its killing me. As for snacks to keep on hand, almonds, peanuts, special k or fiber one bars, etc. That has helped me a ton when I hanger gone to a friends house or out longer then I planned. Also they are good sources of fiber and protein! Keep it up Melissa!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bran crackers or reduced fat wheat thins, almonds, I do love fiber one anything...but watch those because they have a lot of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah just keep on.....let the mistakes help you learn and not to get too discouraged or mad at yourself! Be honest and kind with yourself!! Almonds and nuts are great but easy to overeat for me..so I'd measure out a serving of those with maybe a few raisins or chocolate chips if you like too just so you know the serving size and calories of the bag. Also beef jerky is good and keeps well and oranges or apples and string cheese, though the cheese would need to be refrigerated if left too long but those are things/snacks that I've liked and are healthy. If you have an i phone I really like the tap and track application when I'm trying to loose weight, it's kind of a pain to track all the calories and stuff in a way but eye opening and helpful to know too. :). Keep at it your doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Mel! Fiber one bars..love those! And fruit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!! Jill, I have a droid phone and I have found a calorie tracker that I love. I am working on less sodium right now because for some reason I seem to be retaining water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raisins are good, nuts-but I have a terrible time with portion control and those are fatty! I like to take a day and slice up loads of our favorite veggies so they're ready to grab when we need snacks (carrots, broccoli, peppers, celery, cucumbers - whatever you like.) They're fine out of the fridge for a few hours, and what kid doesn't love ranch? And, fruit, fruit, fruit for us!

    ReplyDelete