Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have decided....

In all of this I am going to be brutally honest. I had a very rough day yesterday and didn't want to blog about it but then I realized that the tough days and the days I feel alone, those days are part of my journey also. I had someone who is sick and very close to me tell me the other day that they have no interest in being healthy so to stop trying to give advice. It broke my heart. I went home that night and cried because I know that they know that a healthier diet would be a world of difference for them. I got in to it with my dear husband last night about stimulus control and about portion control. My class on Wednesday was on stimulus control and it couldn't have came at a better time honestly. When I came home after rocking the bike for 13 miles!!(YAY ME!) I came home to realize that the dinner that made 8 serving sizes only had 2 servings left. That had been eaten between my husband, daughter, and sister but I felt like there should have been more. I voiced my frustrations about him bringing a half gallon of ice cream into the  house due to it simply being a temptation. As selfish as it may be I don't want to have that junk in my house right now because then on days like yesterday that were emotionally difficult I won't cave. (Yesterday it was two servings of Fritos) So here we go. If you read this blog please let me know. As vain as it seems I want to know that people do believe in me. Thank you all for the encouragement that you have shared thus far. I am down 4 pounds. Its not much my friends, but it is a start.

4 comments:

  1. Your doing great! It is frustrating when we want to help someone but everyone has to want to do it for themselves! It's hard to not to take frustrations out on spouses too. I don't think your the only one that's ever done that :). It is s lot harder having the temptations there for sure but be careful with your most important relationships too! I think your doing awesome and are motivating me to get more enthused about working my weight off as soon as it's healthy for baby to do so!! Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I feel like if I am on a diet Kevin isn't but is HE is then I am. We were talking about doing weight watchers again, to which I realized that would only add 100 times more stress to my day. I would be the one keeping track for him. I decided against it until life is less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa :) I actually came over here from Sarah Nitta's Biggest Loser Fan page on Facebook and although I didn't go back through ALL your posts, I did read the May ones and I can honestly tell you that you're not alone. I have told myself for the past 4 months that I need to do something different with my life; change my focus and start working out and eating healthy, but life's events haven't exactly agreed with my timing - what I realized is that I'm just making excuses because if I want it bad enough; I'll find a way to make it work (something I've learned in other life experiences.) I understand your frustrations with your husband and those around you not jumping on your 'healthier living' lifestyle and the only conclusion I can come to is that you need to just focus on you and others will follow suit when they see how happy and healthy you have become :) Don't shut your husband, friends or other family out; just find a happy medium and roll with it :) If your husband wants ice cream in the house; get some non-fat yogurt or sherbert for yourself and make smoothies with it so that you feel as if you're getting that sweet ice cream fix :) I'm glad I stumbled across your blog today :) I'll add you to my blog list and keep following. CONGRATS on your 4 lbs - if you're big on watching The Biggest Loser; just remember Courtney and her happiness over a loss being a loss to keep you pushing in the right direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 keep going. It'll be so worth it to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete