Monday, May 9, 2011

Measurements on May 2nd, 2011

I have started a Women's Only Weight Loss class at the gym on Monday and Wednesday nights. My first class they weighed and did measurements. Due to the fact that I am in this class with older women who are trying to tone up I knew my numbers would be depressing and sure enough; at 5'5" I am 277 lbs.

My Waist Circumference is 40.50 inches
My Hip Circumfrence is 56.00 inches
My Tricep Skin Fold is 42.7 millimeters
My Supraillium Skinfold is 28.5 Millimeters
My Thigh Skinfold is 42.7 millimeters

I am not putting this here to gross anyone out, or to brag about my size but simply as a starting point. Cause we all have one, right?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! It takes a lot of guts to post that and to be open and honest about all your struggles and be exposed that way but I think that is a good step honesty to your self and others is a good step. I know you can do it!! I'm going to be in the same place needing to work hard to get weight off as in pregnancy I've just let myself go to much and used food for enjoyment! The thing is is it really feels so much better to feel eat mostly healthy but it takes more effort...In the past when i was healthier or trying to loose weight I found small meals snacks like eating 5 times a day with some lean protein in a lot really help cut cravings also just knowing the way that some foods llike sugar white bread refined foods spike your blood sugar and make it so easy to overeat and crave them helped me know it's not just me it's a normal body thing helped but if your loosing it gets tough and is painful before it gets easier as long as your eating enough healthy stuff and don't go too low in calories it will get easier.. It's tough stuff but you can do it don't give up!! I cringe to think of how much I will need to get off after this baby and how hard it was to even get 10 lbs off over 6-7 mos with Rilan but I had slips but didn't give up altogether and it was slowly coming off!! Sorry really long response !! Just know you can do it but make healthy not skinny your ultimate goal ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this will be a dumb comment or not, but I watched this show called "The Science of Sex," and they said that men are attracted to women whose waists are 70% of their hips (and thinner waist, bigger hips were even better, but 50% is like Barbie - or something like that and not healthy). But, I want you to know with your waist to hip ratio (which is 71%)- you're dang sexy!

    ReplyDelete